More and more small businesses are transitioning to cloud applications such as Office 365 and G-Suite. These applications are referred to as Software as a Service (SaaS). SaaS applications are affordable, scalable, and offer businesses easy to use solutions that enable employees to collaborate in real-time and work from anywhere. Since SaaS applications live in the cloud, the data within these applications (emails, documents, calendar items, etc.) live in the cloud. This data is stored in servers off-premise maintained and protected by the respective owner of the SaaS applications. This has created a common misconception that backup isn’t necessary. While storing data in cloud applications can be safer than storing it in servers on-premise, that does not mean that the data is invulnerable. Cloud data can still be lost or fall victim to malicious attacks.

1 in 3 users will experience data loss in the cloud. The #1 cause of data loss in the cloud is internal, human error. It has been estimated that up to 65% of data loss is the result of human error by internal employees. Employees accidentally delete or move items, opening phishing emails which open your organization up to malware or viruses through downloads or websites, and much more.  The remaining 35% can be attributed to malicious employee actions, programming errors, and malicious external actions such as hacking or ransomware.

Have you thought about the amount of sensitive data that is flowing through your SaaS applications? Would you say it is 50% of your intellectual property? 60%?

 

Estimates show that up to 85% of an organization’s intellectual property can be found within SaaS applications. Knowing that these applications are vulnerable, the typical recovery options within SaaS applications are incomplete, cumbersome, time-consuming, or not even there. What do you do to protect your data?

The best solution is a tailored approach that addresses your organization’s particular needs. We want to help you ease the stress and worry associated with data loss and allow you to focus on growing your business. TPM with Datto SaaS protection solutions can be tailored to your organization’s needs and can allow you to restore to the latest version of an email or document in the event of accidental or malicious data deletion. You can also restore all your data to the most recent state if your SaaS solution falls victim to ransomware, malware, or virus. At the end of the day, what is your data worth to you? The average downtime due to data loss is over a full week. Could you go without the data stored in your SaaS applications for a week?